Sunday, July 12, 2015

Redundant Chapter 6 : Lucy's Family


Translators: Kaezar




―○●○―


─ Lucy’s Perspective ─



My name is Lucy Greyrat. I’m the first-born daughter of the Greyrat House.

I have a big family. I have three Mamas, three small sisters, three small brothers, two Grannys, two Aunts and three pets. There are 16 people in total. It’s a big family.


Let’s start with my Mama. I have three mamas. They are white-haired mama, blue-haired mama and red-haired mama.

White-haired mama is the one who gave birth to me, and the first to become Papa’s wife. Papa said that mama is the youngest and the most spoiled. White-haired mama is a talkative person and she always said this :
“It’s important to make friends, okay? And you must never bully the weak, okay?”
She kept persuading me that it’s important to make friends.

Blue-haired mama is Lara’s mama, and the second wife of my Papa. Papa said that she looks small but she’s the oldest, and he relies on her the most. Blue-haired mama is quite a reserved person, but she did say that :
“Live however you want, if you don’t understand something then just ask someone.”
She never persuaded me about anything, but she knew everything and always answered anything I asked of her.

Red-haired mama is Arus’ mother, and the third wife of Papa. Papa said that she looks the oldest but she’s actually very immature. Red-haired mama never spoke much but she did say that :
“It’s important to protect someone. For that reason you must become strong.”
Red-haired mama said that and disciplined me as such.

I think that I have to follow the teachings of my three mamas. I have to make friends, and in order to protect said friends, I have to become stronger. But I must never bully the weak. And if I’m troubled about something then I should ask Blue mama about it. If I do, there won’t be any troubles, and I’ll be praised as well. Papa too, will praise me saying “You’re so smart, Lucy. As expected of the elder sister.”


I have 6 siblings in total.

The oldest after me is my younger sister, Lara. She’s a very kind kid. Her hair is similar in color to that of Blue mama and her long hair stays in one single braid. She’s quite strange too, and is often seen talking with Blond-haired granny and our pet, Beat. Though both Beat and Granny don’t talk at all, she’s the only one doing the talking.
Since she’s like that, staying absentminded most of the time, when she goes out to play, she gets bullied by neighbourhood kids as they try to pull on her braid. Though I immediately go out to help her, she isn't really bothered about it to begin with so it’s kind of a let-down. She likes her naps and tends to get on Leo’s back to sleep there in peace.

After that is my younger brother, Arus. He’s a brave boy. His hair is similar in color to that of Red mama, though it’s short, cut and evened up. He’s precocious and a naughty kid but he tries to protect me and Lara all the same. I’m sure that he’s trying to do the same thing as me, trying to follow her mama’s teachings. Red mama expects a lot from him, as such he’s been running and practise-swinging the sword almost everyday. He’s close with Aunt Aisha and always looks delightful whenever he’s near her.

Then comes the youngest brother in my family, Sieg. In simple words, he’s a crybaby. He totters behind Arus and starts crying if he’s left behind too much. At that time, I scold Arus. In doing so, Arus takes Sieg’s hand and the two of them get up on Leo’s back.
When Sieg tries to climb on Leo, Lara moves back a bit and let’s him take the forward. And then, hugs Sieg tightly from behind so that he doesn’t fall off and ends up falling asleep peacefully.
Actually, I know one trait of Sieg that no one knows yet, he’s actually very strong. He can pick up really heavy boxes with much ease.

I do have one more younger brother, namely Clive. He’s the same age as Arus, though he’s not my real brother. He’s the child of White-haired mama’s granny’s. According to mama, he’s someone like a cousin to me or so it seems. I don’t know why he’s called as such but I deal with him as my younger brother anyway. He seems to have a good relationship with Arus, whenever he drops by for a visit he talks with him the most. It seems he likes me quite a bit, he clings to me a lot and whenever I pat his head, he smiles shyly.

My youngest sisters have just been born so I don’t know much about them as they are still very small. But I’m sure they will turn out as good girls in the future.

I’m the older sister of all these little brothers and sisters of mine. Since I’m the oldest so I must act properly, or so I’ve heard a countless times from my mamas. I think that I’m doing just as I’m told. My little sisters and brothers are all cute too, so I do want to protect them.


I also have two Grannies.

The Blond-haired granny is Papa’s mother. Her name is Zenith-san. She was a really lovely person once but now she can’t talk, even having a conversation with her yields no reply from her. She always looks absentminded and is seen together with Beat in the garden a lot. However, when I feel sorry or get angry, she caress my head for some reason. She’s a very mysterious granny.

The Brown-haired granny is Aunt Aisha’s mother. Her name is Lilya-san. It seems that she was brought along to serve Grandpa’s house as a maid at first, but acts just like how a maid would upto this day. The three mamas are very grateful and tip their hats off to this granny, but for some reason, in the past I wasn't sure just why she was my granny. Once, when I was walking in town, I heard someone saying “A maid is someone from the lower classes, someone to push around for work.”. And when I tried saying that back at home, Red-haired mama got really angry and I got scolded. She slapped my butt until it got completely red and told me to reflect upon what I said by throwing me out the house for the night. When I was shivering, huddled together with Leo, Brown-haired granny was the one who let me inside the house. At that time, granny told me what actually happened. And then, I learned on that day that even though she’s a maid, she’s still my granny and she shouldn’t be pushed around to work.


I also have two Aunts.

Both of them are still quite young, and when I call them aunts they get angry, but an aunt is an aunt. Although to me, they are like elder sisters.

The older aunt is the daughter of the Blond-haired granny, and the younger sister of Papa. Her name is Norn-san. She’s a person who always works hard, plays with me a lot, and told me a lot of things. I like this aunt the most. I wish to become someone like her in the future. Though she got married not long ago and has already left the house. She rarely visits and even when she does, she gets into argument with the younger aunt. It looks like they are on bad terms but they can be seen laughing while quarreling often, and there are also times when they look like they are having fun.

The younger aunt is the daughter of Brown-haired granny, and Papa’s half younger sister. Her name is Aisha-san. Similar to Brown-haired granny, she always wears maid clothings and manages most of the housework. Whenever I need help with something in this house, she’s the one who helps me most of the time. She has basically taught me cooking, laundry and anything that’s house related. Mama said that aunt Aisha can pretty much do anything and she’s very good at what she does. It seems she also helps out with Papa’s work. And yet, she gets scolded by Brown-haired granny from time to time. It’s a mystery.


We have three pets.

The big white dog, Leo, is a Sacred Beast. He is very smart and understands what we say to him. It feels like he’s watching over us all, Papa said to rely on him if anything bad ever happens. His favourite is Lara, and sticks to her most of the time inside the house.

Armadillo Jiro is Blue-mama’s vehicle. He has a timid personality, when scolded he immediately shows his stomach or rolls up into a ball. But if something happens when we’re leaving, he growls to intimidate anyone. He too, in his own way, tries to protect us.

Treant Beat is the watchful protector of aunt Aisha’s vegetable garden. Since it is a plant monster, I really don’t know what he’s thinking but he’s often seen together with Blond-haired granny and Lara. He’s ruthless towards anyone who may lay waste to the crops in garden. It’s not a rare sight that we get to see it catch small birds which try to eat the seeds of Papa’s favourite Rice, those birds in the end become it’s nutrients. It’s a little scary, but it never attacks family members. On the contrary, when we approach it, it let’s us have a fruit. It is too, a family.

16 people. I have a lot of members in my family. I have lots of mama, and younger brother and younger sisters.

But Papa is alone. He’s the only one alone.

I love Papa a lot. It seems like I tended to avoid him since I was a small child. Papa’s odour gives me a peace of mind. Sometimes his beard scrapes me a bit, but I like that too. Papa doesn’t let me touch his beard much. When it gets a bit muzzy, and I try to touch it, he grabs my hand and says “Sorry, I’ll just go and shave it now.” and leaves for the bathroom. Though I think it’s fine, but Papa may think something otherwise. It’s a pity that he doesn’t let me touch his beard much, but I don’t dislike that part of him at all.

But, it’s just that… I think Papa doesn’t really expect much from me. I sort of think that way. He cares for me, even loves me a lot, but I think that he doesn’t expect much from me.

Surely, it’s because Papa is an amazing person. Yep, that’s right.
I don’t know much but I can somehow understand that Papa is an amazing person. When Papa was as old as me, he could already use Saint Class magic, and far from attending school, he was already at a position where he could teach. When he was 5, he went around playing in town or park, greeted everyone that he met, but all of those people know about Papa and respect him quite a bit. Even the most conceited ones end up praising my Papa.
I know that my Mamas are amazing as well, but I knew since childhood that Papa is a special case. That Papa of mine, not expecting much from me… no, from us is understandable, I think it can’t be helped.

But I want Papa to praise me. I will abide by what my mamas has taught me, and I’ll protect my siblings as well. In doing so, I will receive a lot of praise from my mamas. But I want Papa to praise me too.

I’m already 7 years old. I’ll be attending school from today onwards. A school where adults attend as well, the school where Papa, Blue-mama and White-mama attended. Red-mama never attended this school, but I’ve heard that she teaches Swordplay from time to time.

“If it’s you, it’s going to be fine. You’ll be just fine if you properly follow what we have taught you” or so Blue-mama had told me but I’m still a bit nervous. A place where adults are in majority. I’m worried whether I’ll be able to make friends there, whether I’ll be able to do my best. I have some hopes as well but my anxiety is greater.

But I think if I worked hard there, I will be praised by my Papa. “Lucy is amazing. As expected of my daughter.” or so I think I’ll be praised like that. And then, surely my hopes will be reached as well.

That is why, I’ll work hard in order to achieve that goal.


―○●○―



Previous Chapter | Next Chapter

   5 comments :

  1. Thank you for the chapter! Poor Rudy didn't know Lucy prefers him with beard on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. Such a pleasant read

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a warm and a really lovable family. Thanks for the author and also the translators.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loving these redundancy chapters.

    ReplyDelete

Progress

Redundant Chapter XX


Translation
0%
Editing/Proofread
0%

Total Pageviews

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.