Wednesday, October 28, 2015

There was a part missing in the previous chapter.

If you have already read Chapter 11 I would recommend you do re-do so as I had forgot to copy in a section into the post so there is an entire part missing...

Sorry about that...




While I'm here, I guess I'll take the time to rant...

By now you might have realised that my release schedule is somewhat slow... And I am aware of that. But I want you to know just how long a single chapter of MT is comparatively and at the same time I guess plug some other fun web novels that you may not have heard of.

Anything translated by the Sheeprabbit is normally around 1000-1500 words per chapter

Kumo, as terribly as it's 'translated' is around 1000 words per chapter

MT on the other hand is easily 5000-6000 per chapter so although my (accidental) rather consistent 2 week releases may seem rather slow it's pretty much equivalent to a chapter every 3-4 days.

I'm not even going to bother comparing myself to the whirlwind that is Yorai-kun (Lightning is literally in his name).
And Wuxiaworld is getting $80 per chapter.

Don't take this as me complaining nor as a notice of me quitting, I just felt like saying some things and, since I'm in charge, I can.

I really do appreciate the fact that I haven't been heckled for translations like I've see elsewhere so I do appreciate that.

I do feel somewhat bad about the slow speed, and I do think I could try harder but this is a hobby so deal with it.

Also leave more comments, I like reading comments.


TL;DR: I have a life and translating is hard.


P.S. I'm PielordMiniman on reddit, just making proof for my flair on the subreddit. I'm not active but I still want it... I'm also Pielord Miniman on Animesuki if anyone was wondering.


P.P.S. I really would recommend reading Kumo, it's a hilarious take on "Reincarnated into a video game world as a monster genre". Man, when that entire spiel has become it's own genre we're getting pretty meta...
There's a better translation than what Turb0 has done Here and although it's not as far, Turb0's English really does leave something to be desired.

   7 comments :

  1. I'm just glad that you are willing to translate in the first place. Take as long as you need. It's your hobby, don't make it feel like a job. And thanks for the recommendation, I'll reat into it; it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo Yo Yo!
    Wassup ma pie! I'll always be here...waiting...watching...eating, until you release a new chapter
    I know translating is a bitch and so I'm just grateful to get what I can and cry when something I like is licensed/dropped (overlord(licence) and Campione(dropped))

    In terms of speed I think Yorai-kun and krytykal can be seen as monsters of the translation world XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 weeks per chapter? That was fast compared to manga translation.....I've waited for more than 9 months for my new chap of my favoritr manga...even though there was already the raw for next chap. Compared to that, waiting for few weeks was a breeze. Thanks for the translation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, as someone who work as translator, i know how u feel bro. Just to let you know how grateful people like me who cant read kanji. Hiragana and katakana, or cant even read japanese.
    I've been reading MT since the start, and i thanks thee.
    Its okay to rant. At least u got ur result.
    Keep on strong pieman :D
    SINCERELY
    N.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why whirlwind yoraikun? How many words per chapter does he translates? I'm aware of his gast releases cause i'm also his fan but I can't gauge how long it is when reading

    ReplyDelete

Progress

Redundant Chapter XX


Translation
0%
Editing/Proofread
0%

Total Pageviews

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.