Saturday, May 16, 2015

Author's Afterthought and Q&A

Mushoku Tensei has now been concluded.





I was quite perplexed as to in which order I should post the final chapters.
Each one of them felt like the final story so then I chose to do, eenie, meeny, miny, moe.
I was only troubled a little bit dealing with the epilogue but……..

But I finally decided that first should be 『The Final Story』 which should be the 『Mushoku Tensei’s final story』.
And then『The real story of prologue of Mushoku Tensei』 as the 『Epilogue』.

I wanted to put the final chapters in the end because I thought the epilogue would be criticised a little bit, but right after Rudeus said that “In the end, I never knew about that but it doesn’t matter now.” it would feel awkward so then I put the 『Epilogue』 in the end and attached the end mark in the final story chapters.

Regarding the last chapters and regarding the developments these days.
There’s one thing or another and then there’s a lot of things that needs some introspection as well.
However, I was finally able to achieve my first objective of 『Writing till the end』 if nothing else.
And now that I have achieved my greatest objective I can move forward towards the next step with an ease of mind.


Once again.
Thank you very very much.


Author’s Final Q&A.......maybe



→ I really wanted to reply to all the questions but the numbers were still too much for me so I would like you to pardon me because this will be the same as usual.


Q. Thank you very much for giving your best performance!
It was truly an interesting story.
Congratulations on it’s conclusion.
A. Thank you very much.
Thank you very much!!!

Q. I hope that as your next work you reveal the mysteries of the world with Laplace as the protagonist.
A. I do have plans to make a story with Laplace as the main protag but that would take long as well.

Q. The number one cultural shock you got while writing Mushoku Tensei is?
A. The amount of people who really hated the harem development were unexpectedly a lot.
I do not know whether there were a lot of them or they were just loud voices, however.
Particularly, I intended to write about Roxy’s part while assuring myself to some extent, leaving neat foreshadowings, and emphasising about the activity reports many times as well but, at any rate I could see people with claims that “The harem itself is not a good thing. The flow is irrelevant.”
Ignoring all the process and looking only at the results, the people with loud voices; well I knew there were those but they beyond my expectations.
Of course, there were not only that kind of people but there were also people who didn’t like the outcome and were not satisfied with consequence of that outcome.
I apologize to those people for my lack of ability.
Since I’ve transmitted your claims in the form of text so forgive me.

Q. Did you feel like stopping any time soon? Did you get bored of it?
A. I’m not bored of it.
But the only feeling that remains is that I’ve written everything I wanted regarding Mushoku Tensei.

Q. The Magic Knight known as the Kingdom's all-time prodigy???
Ahh, the information which leaves the reader scratching his head.
A. Well she’s, I wonder if she’s Aisha.

Q. I am pretty sure that it’s the middle story of the great saga composed of all the 9 chapters.
A. I wouldn't say till the 9 but the middle story part is definitely right.

Q. In the end, I wonder if the rift in space-time was cause by the girl’s doing.
A. Actually, it was caused by the girl’s doing.

Q. I blew up at Norn’s Masochism novel.
A. That type of title is not really masochism though.
After Rudeus’ death, she wrote it while correcting herself.

Q. Just who the heck was Bloody Count-san?
A. At the very least, he lived longer than expected while roaming around the world, he’s a person who wrote various books.

Q. Rather than giving my appreciation I feel like despair is clinging onto me first now that my living ray of hope is suddenly lost.
A. I am really happy that you call Mushoku Tensei your living ray of hope.
But a ray of hope isn’t something you just give away to other people ya know?(Triumphant look).

Q. I read Ch 237 again but I am still lost on the explanation of the loops and it’s fuzzy somehow.
A. Regarding Orsted’s loop, there was a girl who could carry over her memories.(It’s Riria).
That girl used her own powers to overwrite Orsted’s loop.
Hope sprouted in the 『2nd loop day』, and in order to obtain that hope she overwrote once again with all her might.
Currently, it’s the world of『3rd week』.

Q. Just what was that red gem?
→ Was the red gem that appeared in [Web Novel 16] Chapter 5: Young Lady Is 10 Years Old the rift in space-time?
Sauros did say that the red gem appeared 3 years before that time.
At the time of Nanahoshi’s summoning, K417 when Rudi turned 10 years old.
Due to the influence Rudi had on Roxy and Sylphy for those 3 years, the rift in time-space kept getting bigger to the point where it was visible as a red gem, would it be fine to interpret it as such?
A. ………...And, that’s how it is!

Q. A conclusion of such a long story only had 5 chapters worth of letters. Should it be fine to think that there’s some kind of catch?
A. Regarding the conclusion, I wrote 21 chapters of final battle though……..

Q. Does that mean if he kept spamming Flashover then Gisu would have died right then?
A. The Fighting God Armor had it’s golden aura so it’s difficult to bring it down.

Q. How would it feel if the King of Narou is brought down from his reign after all these years.
Would there be any change in the first ranking?
A. I do not know when it will happen but it probably will.
I want it to.
Of course, I would probably be in a slump the moment I’m taken out; like I want to be called the eternal master and keep grinning all the while but it should be fine if the ranking keeps on changing. Getting taken out of top spot is frustrating but I want to leave space for others as well.
That way the liveliness of Narou would come out.




Also,
“I want you to write this and that in the supplement chapters.”
Or
“You’ve not yet opened the mystery of this riddle and there’s foreshadowing as well!”
if you had any such thoughts then if you give it to me through comments, Q&A, messages then I would probably write them out in the Redundancy Chapter.(Although, if mysteries that have already been opened or foreshadowing that are of no concern then I’ll ignore them!)

   20 comments :

  1. Thank you for translating this. Any plans on translating anything else? Or translating future MT WN or LN chapters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering about this as well.

      Delete
    2. Based Kaezar said he will many times on 4Chan!

      Delete
  2. i wonder, how much author have Redundancy chapter by now?
    oh yeah is nanahoshi mary perugius? as he have a child in previous ch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel empty now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the work. I've never posted, but seeing the completion of this series makes me happy and sad.

    Your work work and contributions are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU FOR THE HARD WORK KAEZART-SAMA !!

    I will be waiting for Rudy children POV, I will be waiting, waiting, *sob* waiting...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for you're hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its over thank you so much guys. You are true heroes

    ReplyDelete
  8. soo i get that "bloody count" is someone that has great apreciation for heros, and lived more than expected, reminds me of a certain north god III...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's him... but maybe his father who is believed to be dead since fighting against the Fighting God with Atofe? He is also really old and I can imagine him writing about Rudeus and being the Bloody Count.

      Delete
    2. I don't think it's him... but maybe his father who is believed to be dead since fighting against the Fighting God with Atofe? He is also really old and I can imagine him writing about Rudeus and being the Bloody Count.

      Delete
  9. does anyone know the title of the next book/series?

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazingly well done translations and the completion of a great story thank you so much for the translations of this epic piece i truly enjoyed it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Has the author finished those redundancy chapters yet?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any idea on where I can send some Questions for the Author?
    I remember a guy posting a link but...I can't find it anymore.
    Anyway thanks for the hard work!
    Its nice to get a chance to catch a glimpse on the Author's thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. will the author continue to write the epilogue?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really loved this. I got really attached to this world the characters and the story.
    I'm so besides my self now.feel empty.
    Spolier alert





    What really got me was eris death.the way it happened was so real. I didnt like that, not that I'm made at the writing its more like I really dint wanna know that she died. Veary sad.i got attached to these characters. Thanks for this story. Realy

    ReplyDelete

Progress

Redundant Chapter XX


Translation
0%
Editing/Proofread
0%

Total Pageviews

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.