Sunday, May 17, 2015

The End.........or is it?

That's it folks......or so I would like to say but it seems that this isn't just the end.




First things first, about the story itself.(I'm not good at reviewing things so forgive me if it's not that good)

We read the story of a guy named Rudeus Greyrat who was originally an unemployed NEET in our world and lost his life in a terrible accident trying to save the life of 3 people. However, by a dramatic change of events, the soul of that NEET somehow entered the MT universe and was able to enter the body of a stillborn who would be named Rudeus Greyrat. We are then told about that person's life, about Rudeus' story, from his perspective most of the time. From his birth, to his childhood years, to his growth to teenage, becoming an adult, his wars, his successes, his failures, his family, friends, allies, and then finally his death. Yes, we literally saw the guy's entire life, right from his birth up until his death. R.I.P Rudeus Greyrat, you were too good to be a shounen MC, no even comparing him to a shounen MC would be ridiculing his name. And thus we've now reached the end of his life, his story, and ultimately the end of the story of Mushoku Tensei as a whole............or is it?

Nay, it would be only foolish to say that the story has ended. Of course, this ending can be said to be the final years of Rudeus Greyrat himself, his final story, his end. However, the story of Mushoku Tensei as a whole still continues. The people living inside the MTverse continue to live for the upcoming final battle. Did you think that this was the end? Did you think that we'll be done with just this? You thought wrong. There's just too many mysteries that need to be resolved before this story actually ends. Of course, it's possible that the new story would have a different title to that of Mushoku Tensei, with another MC of course, still the story will continue in a different form if necessary. This story, Rudeus' story was only the beginning. Yes, it's only the beginning, whatever Rudeus did, all the things he accomplished can be said to be the very foundation of the future developments. To say it clearly, think of Mushoku Tensei(the story of Rudeus Greyrat) as the prologue to the original story, the main story is yet to happen. It can be said that Mushoku Tensei was only 'The Hobbit' of 'The Lord of the Rings', the future will be greatly impacted because of what Rudeus did. And that main story, the main event which Rudeus worked so hard for, will be a story I and all of  you will be awaiting with all our hearts. The story of Rudeus himself has ended, he was satisfied with this and you should be as well. Let us move on and look forward to the next story.


Regarding the future 

Yes, yes and yes. I.....we are going to translate the Redundancy chapters when they come out, most of my team has accepted and I'm willing to translate it as well. And I'm thinking of translating the story of Mushoku Tensei, the everyday life chapters, and the story that will come after as well. Therefore, I would like to call dibs on everything Mushoku Tensei related that comes out from this point forward.
Regarding the Overthrow of the Dragon Emperor, I have not talked with Skuizaan(the tler who's doing it right now) for now but I'm willing to translate that as well if he gives me permission that is, of course all of the chapters will be hosted here only. Also, it seems Vol 18-22 still needs editing and TLCs as well so me and Pielord will be doing that as well albeit very slowly(i.e., whenever we get the time) those chapters will be edited and hosted in Baka-Tsuki only. I'm also thinking about re-translating some names and phrases that were wrongly translated before(mainly Gisu as Geese or Supard as Sperd etc) because there were a lot of translators translating MT, this resulted in different ideologies clashing with each other, I want to fix that. All in all, I want to make this story's translation near perfect so that each one of you or the future readers will have a good time reading this story till it's end with no complaints whatsoever(well people tend to find faults in the smallest of things so....).

Regarding whether I would pick up any other projects in the meantime MT has no release, well I don't really know about that. You see, (and I'm going to get criticized harshly for this), Mushoku Tensei was my first novel and it was because of that only that I entered the world of novels and translation as well. As many of you are already aware that I do use machines in my translation, though it's also true that I can now do most of N3 level questions and that my anki reviews are steadily increasing as well, it won't be long that I will one day stop using machines and start translating light novels as well. Though using machines greatly increases my speed, I tried it once. I tried translating a chapter on a good day with machines and my speed was around 2700 characters per hour and without machines it was only near 300 characters per hour. So yeah I can pretty much translate without machines it will just take more time and I would have to look up characters that I wouldn't know of time to time. And as a result of translating Mushoku Tensei only I never got any chance of reading other works due to which the only novels that I've read so far are MT, Re:Monster, Shieldbro and Horizon. Most of them I have only read up to 4-5 volumes except MT.

Now that I've finished translating the final chapters, I'm going to go on a break for nearly 2 months because of exams and what not. The next you'll see of me will be somewhere in July, and if the author publishes a new chapter in that time then Pielord will be taking command for the time being and will be translating the chapter. Of course, only on this blog. If I were to plan on taking any other projects then I would think about it from July afterwards but for now please let me have the privilege of taking a leave.


Gratitude

Finally, I would like to greatly thank my entire team which made all of this possible. Pielord, my fellow translator helped me out a lot in times of confusion and unrest, ETA and Jason are also versed in japanese and therefore were able to help TLC and proofing. Thanks to Nicolas who helped out in proofreading as well, although he had exams this week so unfortunately he couldn't participate in proofing the final volume. I would like to thank Sinsoo as well, the first proofer, the one who offered me proofing for my chapters the first time to which I was grateful. Although the time schedule didn't allow you much for proofing it was still nice working with you. If not for you I would've never thought about creating a team and we would never have reached this far. You were the butterfly which created a tornado. I would also like to thank one /a/non who helped me out in proofing as well.

I had a lot of faults and there would have been times when dealing with me became difficult, I apologize if you didn't like something about me. However, most of you still stick with me till the end, for that I'm really grateful.

Once again thank you everyone on the team.

Also, I give my thanks to the readers as well, who kept motivating me and giving me praises to continue. I am really grateful to all of your cheers. Thank you very much everyone!



Well then, see you later.

   42 comments :

  1. thank you for your hard work translators!
    arigatou~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and goodluck with the exams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your hard work

    Do you accept suggestions for future projects?

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a major milestone in Japanese webnovel translation scene.

    The next would be the completion of Shield Hero... which will be waaaaaaay longer in future. Half done, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dude, for the main story, where 85% done with Shield hero. The end of the WN version is kinda out of nowhere. In fact, they should start talking about it in the next few chaps.

      Delete
    2. Well, I should have put it more clearly. I mean the completion of all chapters. We are talking about that crazy adventures by that crazy spear hero also.

      Delete
  6. Thanks from Brazil... I have the exactly same feeling about this being "The Hobbit" of the "Lord" series...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tch! It can't be helped. Since it comes to this, I'm gonna bestow upon you my proper thanks and grattitude for all of your hardworks, before and from now on, so you better be grateful, alright!

    So, as the others have s-said, thank your f- *sobs* for- *sobsobs* for your ha- bu~ bwwwweeeeeeeehhhhh~~~~!!

    W-what?! I'm not.... I'm not crying!! It's.. um... because of those.. ehh.... damn.. zombie pirate ninja onions!!!

    No, seriously! They really do exist!! I'm not m-m-making an excuse or anything! Hey! Are you listening to me!? I'm telling the truth!

    It's... it's not like I was happy and sad and grateful to all of your hard works and hope that you achieve all of your endeavours in the future or anything, s-so don't misunderstand, ok? Well... m-m-maybe a little....

    Nng...!! Wh-what's with that look?!! Why, you insolent little....!! Fine! I don't care about you any more!!! And I'm not gonna come back often and look all of your translated stuffs either, you jerk~!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What the hell with this tsundere?
      Just say "i love you so muuuch" is ok, i think.

      Delete
  8. SALUTE !!

    ...So, it's the prologue of MT series eh, I just hope we will gonna get Rudeus children/family POV/arc because that's the only thing I want from this series from now on. *sigh* I dunno, let's just wait, I'm still sad with the ending *insert sad face here*.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "wrongly"
    "supard"

    (snickers)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Supard was decided in the first volume too, if I changed it now it would have only impacted the readership, people would have gotten confused so I left it as is........or so I thought. I should've changed it before now that I think about it, maybe. Well, nothing's going to happen crying over spilt milk.

      Delete
    2. As former translator for this series what do you think about this series coming to end Oniichanyamete? at last this series has concluded both in the story and the translations as well, i enjoy the ride while it last, that time when we waited everyday for new chapters really such a happy time, over times MT got abandoned but there's still those that picked it up again.
      Thanks to Author for writing the story. Thanks to SilentWolfie for starting this translations, Thanks to other translator for promoting MT and translate it tirelessly, Last but not least Thanks to Kaezar for finishing this translations. :)

      Had a great run with this series while it last, those days of waiting is over. And now i'm undergoing a massive attack of feelings T_T

      Delete
    3. ? I've only read the raws. I've never translated Mushoku Tensei, unless you mean that (still) 1/3 complete extra chapter.

      Onii-sama is a Chinese > English translator, and a completely different guy than me. If that were me, I'd be reading ATG in real Chinese right now, instead of fucking using google translate.

      ;-;

      Delete
    4. Lol, I really took a lot of liberties with the names didn't I.

      Ahem.

      Well first thing first (sort of), congrats for finishing Mushoku Tensei! I really didn't expect it to end so quickly (I started TLing it last year around March?) even though MT has been around since end year of 2012. About the story itself, it is reasonably well done with a lot of addicting moments and I really did enjoy it, but I did have some minor gripes to the plot direction and how the final arc went (Ending in a shounen final battle? Gisu, the ultimate end boss?)

      Then about the translation part, after I stopped TLing MT, I read a lot and worked a lot. Sometimes RL just takes over and I didn't want to TL stuff (lol), although I recently started TLing a new project a few days ago as my work has finally started to dwindle.

      As for starting a new project? Unless you're a diehard fan of a particular series (I wanted to share MT when I started) or your career is related to novels and anime, or you find this to be a hobby and you derive pleasure from TLing, I would personally think that it's a good time to stop right there in a selfish self POV (for your clarity if you're still deciding, my first TLed stuff was way back in 2006 or something).

      Now, concerning the names.

      Supardia is the surname for the "Supard" race, and I chose that word because it felt close to Superbia (which is Latin for pride), and considering how proud Ruijerd was of his warrior lineage, I chose that spelling (I think I remember a comment wanting Speardia).

      Other early names I took liberty in the early days with were,

      Zenith > Janis (because Zenith is a masculine name)
      Rudy > Rudei/Rudi (because I can't stand Rudy for some reason)
      Norn > Nora (because I was playing Guild Wars 2 at that time, and I keep picturing her as a 9 foot giant)

      So pretty much most of the stuff if not all, was mostly related to making things sound better (supposedly) when I say it out loud, but I could be completely wrong in localizing things.

      So I will leave it to you, and you have my explicit permission to change anything you don't like. QFT from me and you can even place this up in your header, SilentWolfie stated he wishes to change any early names necessary to clean up Mushoku Tensei's overall quality and therefore allow any changes in the future without consulting him.

      Delete
  10. tnk and good luck with exam

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for your hard work.

    Btw I get some issues with your site when I want to save chapters on my smartphone to read offline. When I try to open the saved chapters, they appear blank.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh....I'm not getting the point.
      How are you saving the chapters to begin with, I don't know how one does that. Can you explain a bit more?

      Delete
    2. NP. Problem is still there but I still was able to. (Smartphone-) browsers have a function to save websites. So, I use this funtction to save websites, so that I can read novels offline ony my way to university, work,... (because I don't really need a interent flatrate for my phone and don't bother to get one). I use the Opera browser for my smartphone but my browser was only able to save the website but not able to display it (there was just blank site). So I tried it again with the already integrated browser of my phone and I was able to save and display it. (just not for Opera. so it isn't that much of a problem).

      Delete
    3. use chrome and save as pdf with it

      Delete
  12. I hope for a future story will include the 3rd person who transfered to the world after Rudi and Natasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based in the last chapter is probably, and you mena Nanahoshi right?


      I think that the true interesting thing would be discover that one of the Rudeus child or maybe grandchildren is other isekaijin (unrelated with the others)

      The really innovative would be other otherword-reincarnate that unlike the other predecessors/novels wish return in his/her world (similar to Nanahoshi), and s/he was ready, whatever the consequences

      Delete
  13. A QUESTION PLEASE

    Someone know a web novel with reincarnation theme (ex: Mushoku Tensei, gun-Ota, Remonster) or pseudo-reincarnation/bodyswapper theme (Alice Tales, Hachin, Otoburi) in which the protagonist try to return to his/her previous world

    Whatever the consequences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://worldofwatermelons.com/desolate-era-index/
      Its about reincarnation but he dont try to go back.
      I think it will so good as MT

      Delete
    2. Thanks but not interested in Wuxia yet


      My main objective is that is curious that no writer have done a story where the reincarnated try to return

      Delete
    3. Naofumi, from Tate no Yuusha, talks about going back (not because he missses something, but because he absolutely despises the people from the current dimension) almost every chapter...

      Delete
    4. But he have (if I understand correctly) the same body that when he was in his oroginal world

      His situation is similar to Nanahoshi Shizuka

      I mean someone that stay in other body (even maybe other gender or no-human race) but in any way desire to return

      Although I recognize that is a complicated setting

      Even s/he find how return, s/he would stay in other body. Is probably imposible that s/he can recover her/his previous life because anyone would believe her/him


      Pd: if something similar to Rudeus or Naofumi happen to me, I wouldnt miss nothing specially, but anyway, I'll do because I don't want to be some self-proclaimed god/ness pawn

      Delete
  14. Thank you very much for your hard work on this great series.

    ReplyDelete
  15. thank you for bringing this novel to the end....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you very much for all your work, I will patiently wait for you to translate the future works :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you very much for translate for us hope you do well on your exam and have a nice rest you deserve it :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for all of your hard work Kaezar.
    Enjoy your internet vacation ^^

    I hope we'll see you around when the new Mushoku Tensei released.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just got this info.

      Mushoku Tensei author, Rifujin na Magonote will releasing a side story titled "Dasoku-hen" (Extra Arc) soon.
      Source: https://twitter.com/Magote_rihujin/status/600500534471065600

      I wonder if Kaezar/Pielord and team will working on this title or not. :)

      Delete
    2. The first chapter is already out!

      I'm not Kaezar or anyone in his team, but I think he said they are going to translate it when they have time. This "Extra arc" are the "Redundancy Chapters" as mentioned in his post.

      Delete
  19. A simple thanks wont suffice to show my gratitude for all ur hard worm so far, and I dont think i'm the only one who had that thought.
    But I can only give my thanks. For you and the crews. Enjoy ur holiday. U deserve it

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for translating MT i enjoyed the LN. what do i do now that it has ended? D:

    I just noticed this is the first LN i was able to read to the end the others are still ongoing (translation) or got dropped. so thanks for sticking with it.

    as for baka tsuki i do not care where you release it. albeit if it was not released on BT i would not have known about this LN.(or at least not as warly since i only use baka manga once a year {to find new stuff to read}, and thus would have only found out about MT much later) so i guess i am glad you did release it there

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks, Kaezar! Thanks, others! :)

    By machines, what do you mean by that? I'm really curious because I can only think of Google Translator that doesn't help at all!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you very much for your efforts, everyone in the team :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you very much for your hard work and everyone in the team, malaysian Roxy-fag giving you thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Progress

Redundant Chapter XX


Translation
0%
Editing/Proofread
0%

Total Pageviews

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger.